Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

I hope everyone had a great time celebrating the 4th of July. We didn't really celebrate the 4th of July because we are in Thailand and they don't celebrate it and aren't really aware of it so it was just another ordinary day here. Today we went to a big independance day party put on by AMCHAM (American Chamber of Commerce). It was such a blast. This was just what we needed with all of the stress going on right now with moving and whatnot. The kids did so well and didn't complain even once about the heat or being tired.
We headed out to the party around 3:30 in the afternoon and we got home around 8:30. When we arrived they gave us little stamp cards for the kids. It had about 6 different game stations for you to complete and once you completed those you were able to get either a barbie or a pack of 5 hot wheels cars I believe. Some of the game stations included face painting, art corner, ring toss, egg toss (not real eggs), a race car game where you tried to pop other peoples balloons with your race car, and some puzzle stations. The coolest one was by Hot Wheels. They took your picture and told you to come back in an hour to pick up your little car with your picture on it. They turned out so cute.
After all of the games we settled down in front of the stage to watch the presentation of the flags. After that the music began again and Kameron started dancing. Oh my gosh it was hilarous as you can see if the videos. Sorry I didn't realize I had my camera sideways on one so you have to turn your head.I was laughing so hard I was crying. Kameron must have had his picture taken 1000 times. He was so popular tonight :)

As we were sitting down waiting for the fireworks to start I remembered I hadn't taken McKaila to the bathroom since we left home. I rush her to the bathroom thinking she can't hold it anymore. Its been forever she must need to go. We I sat her on the potty and she sits there for a minute and then says to me "Mommy my pee pee no working". Poor thing couldn't go. I said try again McKaila and she did and was able to pee. She says the funniest things. We made it back in time for the fireworks but she wasn't too thrilled. She hid her head in my lap because she was afraid of the loud booms. I covered her ears and she perked up enough to watch the end of them. Kameron enjoyed the fireworks until we started cheering and clapping. Then he got scared and started crying. Once he had his blankie in his hands he was fine. On the way home in the taxi McKaila told me that she had fun. They she started saying that she saw big booms (fireworks). She was telling me that they were sparkly and about all the colors she saw.
We decided when we got home we would call our parents so McKaila could tell them about the booms (fireworks). So she started talking to grandparents and telling them about the booms and sparkles. We asked what else she saw/did and she said "the lion had a basket with jelly's (jello in tiny containers)". I had to think a minute about what she was talking about but then I remembered. There was a person in a lion suit with a big brown basket handing out jelly's to people. Kaila then told me she had a yellow one. She continues to amaze me. The things she tells me and the things she remembers. With her being my first child I am not aware at what age this really happens at. I am realizing now though how smart she is. I knew before that she was smart but she amazes me even more everyday when she learns something more. My baby girl isn't a baby girl anymore.
David and I were so glad we went to this party. It was a much needed break for all of us. We had such a great time as a family. The kids and I love having David home with us right now. I'll try and post pictures in the next post.

No comments: