Tuesday, November 27, 2007

18 Days To Go

David left today for a 18 days straight. He is going on a cargo ship trip. He flies to California for two days and the rest of the time he is on the sea. I'm sad that he is going to be gone for so long but he makes great money on this trip. They get a lot of overtime. Just in time for Christmas. I also just found out that he'll be home for Christmas and New Years. Unless of course something changes. He has to turn in his passport to obtain his Thai visa. Without the passport he can't travel. YEAH!!!! He also has the kids birthdays off as well as mine and his own.

We just hired a nanny/maid. Her name is Jean and she is Philipino. She starts working tomorrow. I hope everything works out with her. We finally are able to move into our townhome on Dec. 14. David will get home at 11 pm the next day.

McKaila is growing so fast. When we first got here we had to take her to the doc. because she had an ear infection. The doc. were a little concerned about her weight. She was around 22.4 lbs and had lost weight since her last appointment. We were at a grocery store last night and we weighed her on this scale that was really cheap and it said she weighed 11.4 kg which is roughly 25 lbs. She has become such a little porker. The other night we ordered pizza and she ate two slices. Kameron is doing well. Still lazy and doesn't want to have anything to do with crawling. Oh well. It'll happen before I know it.

Nothing else to add up to this point. I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well for you! Hang in there while your hubby is gone--it will be over before you know it! I think the longest Skyler has been gone was about 2 weeks--and I hated every minute of it! But they do what they have to to provide! I can't believe McKaila is only 25 lbs! Ethan is 22 lbs! How much does Kameron weigh? I watched Extreme Makeover last night--the Stockdales I think--that's your sister-in-law?

The Smith Family said...

Hey Rachael,
His trip will be over before you know it. At least you have a nanny/maid to help you in the meantime, that should help keep your sanity.:) We miss you guys! I'm trying to figure out when the best time to call is. I go to bed so early at the moment & don't know if morning is a good time to call you. I'm guessing the time difference is 12 hours. I guess I could just ask Matt. He would know. Anyway, hang in there - we are thinking of you guys!

Love, Steph