Monday, July 30, 2007

2 Months Left!!!

We now have only 2 months before we leave Germany. I am happy and sad at the same time. I am happy to leave this gloomy weather of nothing but rain and dark skies. I am sad to be leaving the friends that I have made and the friends McKaila has made as well. I am excited to go back to Idaho for 5 weeks and to be able to spend time with friends and family. We were hoping to make a trip to Great Falls but it is looking doubtful at the moment. Some scheduling conflicts came up. I am still hoping to make it work somehow.

We will be in Thailand in 3 months and 4 days. I am not looking forward to our flight there. From Boise it is 2 hours to Los Angelos and then 21 straight hours to Bangkok. I think there is a stop for fuel in Tokyo. We will be in business class which will make it a little more comfortable. I wish there was a way to make the kids sleep for the whole flight. I know that isn't going to happen so I'm just going to have to make sure to bring lots of goodies for them to eat and play with. I think it'll be harder on McKaila just because she'll want to run up and down the aisles.

David left for a trip back to the states today. Luckily he is only got till late Thursday night. Usually this trip is 8 days. I guess I have to be happy about that. The kids had shots today. McKaila just had one poke and Kameron had 4 pokes and an oral vaccine. Poor little guy. He has been really congested lately and his chest has been rattling. He was checked out today by the doctor and it is mostly upper respiratory so she says it is just from teething. He should be having a tooth pop through soon. He has always been weighed naked but the last two times he has been weighed with clothes on and a wet diaper. So he weighs 15 lbs 1 oz. He is right on schedule. He has grown an inch in two months and has gained 1 lbs since his last appointment 2 months ago. They like to see 1/2 lb a month gained. Good job Kameron. He got rice cereal for the first time yesterday. He loved it.

McKaila is just loving having a little brother. She likes to push him in the swing. She likes to push a little too fast sometimes. Whenever he is on the floor on his tummy she gets on her tummy and plays with him. I am so happy that she hasn't had any jealousy issues with him. She has had a couple of rough days though. Yesterday was rough. She woke up at 4 in the morning screaming. I went into her room and she had pulled her diaper off. No more nightgowns. She has to have bottoms on all the time now. Anyways she had pee'd all over her bed and soaked her clothes, sheets, and 2 blankets. She was holding her diaper in her hand (which was completely dry) and said "uh-oh". Then while she was standing in her crib she had to have pee'd again because there was a huge puddle on the floor. That was a nice wake up call. That just started the rough day for her. She had a hard time in church too. Atleast until nursery. Our ward has doubled it seems like. Hanau base and Darmstadt are closing so their wards have joined ours. I can't believe how big Sunday School was. They now have 10 kids in nursery. The only bad thing is they are in a tiny room. They are adding a third floor though to our building. Hopefully that will add some more rooms.

I am off to make dinner. Don't know just what yet. With only having 2 months left I better start using the food we have in our pantry before buying any more. Oh and for those who were wondering about the showing of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for the Stockdale family. It is expected to air Sunday, October 14. Make sure and watch it :)Just a few pictures for you to enjoy.


Kameron loves to swing. He also loves his fingers.


McKaila has a whale spout on the top of her head.



It was a little cold for me but McKaila loved swimming.



Kameron didn't swim but he loved being outside.

2 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about the diaper incident and hopefully she isn't a repeat offender :) I'm just thinking to myself that sweet little Victoria won't go through that phase...yeah right! My girlfriend is currently using duck tape and pj's backward so her little one won't take hers off...crazy how that is. Everyone looks too cute and that air date is my birthday so I shouldn't forget, but most likely be setting the DVR.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.