Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July

In the morning the community had some things going on over in the fieldhouse. McKaila and I marched along in a parade. She had fun waving her little flag around. They had some other things going as well. They had bouncy castles and slides, jousting, face painting and a few others.

McKaila getting ready for the parade

Kameron waving his flag



We didn't have the best weather for the 4th. We haven't had nice weather at all lately. When we woke up in the morning it was pretty cloudy.I was hoping for nice weather so we could enjoy the outdoors. We didn't have rain during the parade but after the parade it rained a short bit. Then it was nice and sunny. Then it was cloudy and raining again then sunny. It did this all day long.

We had some friends over for a BBQ. David and Randall ended up cooking outside but we all ate inside. David and I recently purchased a tv projector. It projects the image on a screen or a wall. Well we have it in our bedroom until we sell our bigscreen out in the livng room. Let me tell you it is nice. The funny thing is that the image in our bedroom is bigger than some of the screens at the movie theater here in Germany. Anyways we brought the projector out into the living room and all watched a movie. After that was over we headed out to the base. Once again it was raining. I prayed that it would stop raining atleast for the fireworks. My prayers were answered. It dribbled here and there a little before but once the fireworks started there wasn't any rain. The fireworks were beautiful. McKaila was scared at first. She didn't like the loud booming. Once we were excited for it and ooooing and aaahhhhing she was fine. She would say WOW after each one. She is a funny girl. We didn't get home till around 11:30. McKaila was exhausted and slept till 10 this morning. I had to wake her up so she'd still take a nap this afternoon. All in all I guess it turned out to be an ok holiday. We miss our family and friends though and wish we could be with them all.
This is McKailas first picture that she has ever really colored. She colored it in nursery today.The bottom of the paper says "Our bodies can do many things"


We have less than 3 months here and I am hoping that the weather will clear up. I have been told it is going to be rainy and wet until September. I hope not because Kameron only has 2 pairs of pants 3-6 months and everything else is shorts. Last summer was really hot so I thought it would be that way again. There is still hope. It has been in the low 60's here while in Idaho it is nearly 100 degrees. Maybe tomorrow will be a nice day. I can only hope.

4 comments:

The Smith Family said...

McKaila is TOO cute! She is such a kid now! I wish we had been there on the 4th. I feel weird saying that since we were in the States for the 4th. We didn't even watch fireworks--we were in bed.:) Hope the weather clears up for you. I'm sure it will...at least a little.

Owens D.C. said...

Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed your fourth even though you weren't in the U.S. I love that leash bit...too funny!

So I need to see bigger pics or be able to click on them to make them big. I want to see those cute faces!!!

Well your next assignment for the blog is to make a video!!!

Owens D.C. said...

I like the new look!

International Mommy said...

Hey nice blog!!
Thanks for the comment-your little cuties are getting big too!!

~Charity