Saturday, June 7, 2008

5 down 14 to go

That is days until David gets home. He is once again on a boat trip. It is really hard with him gone this long but hopefully it'll be over before I know it. The nice part about him going on these boat trips is although he is gone for nearly 3 weeks he gets nearly 3 months salary in one paycheck. I have to try and keep that in mind.
The kids were driving me insane today. The nanny had to leave earlier than usual because she had some kind of mass at church in the afternoon so I was home with the kids by myself. Doesn't sound that bad does it? Well it was. I find myself having a very difficult time being alone and not being on my medication. I just get really stressed and have to get out of the house. Doing so requires a lot of energy and that is one thing I am lacking right now. Finally after dinner I couldn't take being bottled up anymore so the kids and I headed out for a walk. We went to starbucks and had a chocolate frappacino (don't worry mom there's no coffee in it) and as we were sitting there enjoying our shake, a huge elephant walked by. It is normal for us to see elephants now a days but they usually aren't on the main sidewalks on sukhumvit. They are usually down one of the soi's trying to get people to pay to feed them. We quickly finished our drink so we could go find the elephant again. Sadly we missed it. It must have gone down a soi (street) and we walked right by it.
As we walked into the driveway we saw our friends kids, Jason and Stephanie. McKaila wanted to run up and pet Roxy their golden retriever. McKaila then proceeds to tell them about the elephant we saw. Then she sadly says "We missed it". I'm sorry Kaila. While we were walking we also saw Mike, David's boss from Germany. He just got in last night and is becoming the new boss here. He is such a funny guy. He is always the Easter Bunny, Santa, Cupid, you name it and he has the costume. He is always wearing bright colored shirts and funny looking hats. He always yells at the kids but they still love him. Anyways we saw him and he asked where David was. I told him he was on a boat and poor McKaila just wanted her daddy. For the next hour she kept saying "See Daddy Mommy, mommy I see daddy" I kept telling her daddy was at work and she demanded " I see Daddy now!!!" Poor girl misses her daddy.
Wow this turned out to be a longer post than I had intended. I do like to talk a lot. I have an ultrasound on Monday, June 9th and I am hoping the doctor will be able to tell the sex of the baby. I am trying not to get my hopes up because I am almost 13 weeks but he should be able to tell if the baby is cooperating. I'll hopefully get some pictures and post them soon. So make sure and check back. I am off to bed. Good night everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband was in the Air Force & so I know how hard it is to have them gone so frequently and for so long. It really is a sacrifice.

It sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly.

Thanks for stopping by Serenity's site.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is -- Starbucks and an elephant walks by?!? That's hilarious. What an interesting visual!