Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Puppy

I don't know what I am getting myself into but we bought a new puppy today. We got a female beagle who is about 50 days old the guy said. We were out at the Chatachuk weekend market this morning and spotted all these puppies, kitties, rabbits, and squirrels (yes squirrels) for sale. At first we were going to buy a little bunny for McKaila. They were so tiny and even had on cute little outfits. We decided to keep walking and then we spotted the dogs. We talked about a dog a while ago but decided not too. I couldn't resist the little faces today.
David really likes bull dogs so that is what we were going to get. They had little baby bull dogs and they were adorable. I don't like them when they get older though. I think they get pretty ugly. The lady was asking for 15,000 baht ($454.00) and said the puppy had papers. We decided to keep walking and we'd talk about it when we got home. I somehow convinced David to get the bull dog. When we got up to the lady to ask to see the papers she said they didn't have any. A little bit of a language barrier. So we decided not to get the puppy. We went home and still talked about going back when the nanny got there. David and I agreed to go back and see if we could agree on a dog.
When we found the dogs I noticed these cute little tan beagle in the pin. I picked it up and noticed it was a boy. David and I talked about getting a girl. We wanted a smaller dog so it was hard to find ones that stay small. We put down the male beagle and started to leave. Just as we did someone came and put a black and brown beagle in the pin. I instantly fell in love. I flip the dog over and it was a girl. YEAH!!! We wanted to still shop around to see if there were any other dogs we'd want. We asked the guy if we gave him a downpayment if he would hold the dog while we shopped around a little more. He didn't understand so he walked us over to his friend that spoke english. By that time I had fallen in love. She is so adorable. We decided to name her Sadie.
David is so cute with her. He is actually lying on the couch with her and he just told me "you picked a good one momma". When we brought Sadie in the house McKaila was soooo excited. She squatted down in front of the kennel and was smiling and laughing and saying a bunch of jibberish. She just loves her. We tried taking her out for a walk to go potty and McKaila wanted to walk her. So we let her hold the leash and McKaila was trying to pull her along.
I don't know what I am getting myself into. I guess I'll be potty training two. McKaila is actually doing really well with potty training. I can't believe my first born is 2 years old already. Alright I'll stop being sad. Enjoy the pictures.



2 comments:

Owens D.C. said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

Having recently done the same thing...it's a lot!

Congrats though and she is adorable for sure. They are barkers and need lots of human contact. I'm sure that won't be a problem with McKalia :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, is she looking for a well mannered boyfriend??? Ha!! Hi to the family!!

Charity