Wednesday, December 12, 2007

He's Almost Home

Just a few more days till David is home. These last couple of weeks haven't been as bad as I thought they would be. The kids were pretty good and since we hired Janet (maid/nanny) I have been able to get out and run errands by myself. It takes a lot less time getting groceries without a child on my back and a child in a stroller. I got to talk to David on the phone today. I hope it isn't going to cost us an arm and a leg again. I have missed him so much. I'll be glad when he is home safe and sound.
We have been trying to stay busy this last week as we anticipate our move and David's arrival. Monday night we went over to the Hillman's house for family night. They are such a neat family. They have two kids. Jack is 4 and Jane is 2. Jack was so cute with Kameron. He was saying peek-a-boo in Thai and Kameron loved it. Probably because it sounded pretty funny :) Tuesday we went over to the Beck's house to play. She has a daughter named Madeline and she is 18 months old. She also has identical twin boys, Isaac and Lucas, and they are 4. The kids played for a while and then we went down to the pool because the boys had swimming lessons. McKaila was wearing a life jacket and we put her in the baby pool. The water goes up to her chest probably. She was trying to get a rubber duck or something in the pool and she fell forward in the water. With the life jacket on she couldn't get herself to stand back up so her face was in the water. Her eyes were above water but her nose and mouth were under. I was fully dressed and holding Kameron. I jump in the water and pull her up. Katherine, madeline's mom, had shorts on so she could get in with them but she was chasing Madeline somewhere. She felt bad that she wasn't there to get McKaila. I don't care about being wet because I saved my daughters life. I think this is the 3rd time we have had a scare like this in the water with her. I think we are going to get her into swimming lessons. Needless to say she was done swimming for the day. Poor thing.
This might be my last blog for a little while. We move in to our new house in two days and I'll be busy organizing and shopping for things to help organize I'm sure. Hopefully I will be able to blog soon after but I don't know. I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week.

1 comment:

K and Em said...

Rachael-have you heard from my sister at all? They are there right now and having a blast! Let me know and I can help you guys get in touch somehow if you guys want.They will be there until like Jan.2 or something.