Monday, July 2, 2012

Baby #4

We are so excited to be adding another baby to our family. If I wasn't such a slacker in posting on my blog I would've mentioned it before but better late than never right? A long time ago, I told David that our family wasn't complete. I wasn't sure when, but I knew that there was still one more baby that was meant to be in our family. I also told him I had a feeling it would be a little girl. I guess I was right :)
I am due next month, August 3. I'm currently 35 weeks and 3 days along. We are having a GIRL!!!! Her name will be Amelia Jeanine Lee. The kids are very excited to be having a baby sister. McKaila has been praying for a little sister for a very long time. On the day we found out it was a girl, McKaila was at school during the ultrasound. When I picked her up from the bus stop she came running to me saying "is it a girl, is it a girl?". She has lots of plans for her and her little sister. One of them being sharing a room with pink bunkbeds lol. Shortly after we found out it was a girl, Kameron told me he was so happy Jesus made McKaila's wish come true. I love how sweet my little Kameron is. He has been so worried about me and my health during this pregnancy. Things have been a little rough for me. Around 15 weeks I was diagnoses with pelvic symphisis dysfunction. It basically means I have very little support from my pelvis. My body produced too much of the relaxin hormone and my pelvis isn't very stable. It causes me a lot of pain and sometimes I just can't do anything because of the pain. When I tell the kids that mommy doesn't feel well or that I'm in pain, Kameron comes to the rescue. He will color me pictures and constantly prays for me that I will feel better. He always has plenty of hugs and kisses for me. My other health issue has been my kidneys. When I was pregnant with Kameron, I had hydronephrosis and a baby kidney infection which put me in the hospital for 4 days. That was the extent of my kidney problems with that pregnancy. This pregnancy I also have hydronephrosis but it doesn't end there. I have kidney stones and a lot of them. So far I have passed 10 and I still have at least 6 more in there. I was actually in the hospital this last weekend because of the kidney stones and the pain I was in. Because I'm pregnant there isn't much that can be done. They gave me pain medicine and a lot of fluids hoping to flush the stones out. They also gave me a muscle relaxer to hopefully help dilate the ureters to allow easier passage for the stones. I was out of it for those 2 days. I slept a majority of the time because of the meds. I still hadn't passed the stone and there wasn't much more they could do so I was sent home once I was able to control the pain with just the oral pills. After being home a few hours I was able to pass the stone and it was huge! 9.5 mm long and 5.5 mm wide. That was by far the biggest stone I've had. If I wasn't pregnant they would have had to blast that thing. 
I have seen a urologist multiple times but again, because I'm pregnant there isn't much that can be done. They could've place a stint in my ureters to help the stones pass but I've heard they are very uncomfortable and I really didn't want to have a surgery while pregnant. Two weeks after I deliver, the urologist wants to do a CT scan to check on my kidneys and do further testing. I have had multiple renal ultrasounds to check on the amount of stones and approximate sizes. There are some big ones in there so hopefully they don't continue to get bigger or there will be more problems. 
Other than those issues, the pregnancy is going well. Amelia did had some hydronephrosis in her kidneys and the doctors did well with monitoring them. At our last ultrasound for her kidneys things looked great and she was off their "worry list". She is a very active baby and recognizes her daddy's voice already. She can be sleeping and not moving and then the second David starts talking, she starts wiggling. She is going to be a daddy's girl. He says she needs to hurry and get here so he can snuggle her. He wants her out now so he can snuggle her and then be able to put her back in my belly to continue to grow lol.
Amelia will complete our family. Two girls and two boys is the perfect combination. I'm excited for her to get her but sad that this is my last pregnancy. I have been in a lot more pain this pregnancy and had some unseen complications with my health but I do enjoy being pregnant. I'm thankful for all of my children and they mean the world to me. I can't wait for this little lady to join our family. 

Here is me around 31 weeks


No comments: