Thursday, November 20, 2008

A fingertip

Yup, thats all I am dilated. A flippin fingertip. I was really hoping for more progress than that. Last night I had a dream I was 3 cm and 80 % effaced.  The doctors appointment went well overall. The first thing the doctor noticed when he came in was my feet. He said my feet look like pregnant lady feet. My blood pressure was good and I didn't gain any weight this week. That made me happy. 
The doctor started to feel the position of the baby and asked me how big my last baby was. I told him my last baby 8 lbs 10 oz and the doctor said it looks like it'll be that way or even bigger this time. He said you want to have a 12 lb turkey and not a 12 lb baby. So next week if I am dilated more and my body is more "favorable" he'll strip my membranes and try to get things going. I am 36 weeks and 3 days today.  David still doesn't think Jayden is that big but I think otherwise. David's guess is Jayden will weigh 7 lbs 11 oz. My guess is about 9 lbs 4 oz if I go full term. My mom doesn't come in till the 10th of Dec. That is my main worry about when Jayden decides make his big debut. She comes in 5 days before my due date but I don't know if my doc. will want me to wait that long. The longer I wait the bigger baby gets and the bigger possibility of a c-section due to size. I don't know what'll happen. I am trying to put it in the back of my mind until next Wednesday. Thats when the doc. says we'll re-evaluate and just go from there. I'll update again when I know more. 

No comments: