Sunday, May 29, 2011

Major update

So many things have changed since I last blogged. I hardly know where to even start. The kids and I have been in Idaho for the last year. David is still in Virginia and we actually got to see him last week. It was so wonderful. He surprised us with a visit for 6 days. Things have been so hard for everyone in our family this last year. I am truly grateful for my family who has helped us out so much. They built a brand new home shortly after we arrived last May and in September we all moved in. There is so much more room. The kids and I occupy the basement :) Well McKaila sleeps in the room by the stairs on the main level. My grandmother also lives with us as well. As you can imagine, its a full house. My grandpa lived with us until December 1, 2010 when he passed away.

Here is a picture of the new house. My dad had the bigger garage built shortly after moving in. In now has a total of 5 garage spaces.

McKaila turned 5 in January. She has recently started concerta and clonodine for her ADHD. It seems to be helping quite a bit. She is still recieving counceling but her occupational therapy is now no longer just her and her therapist. She will be starting up a social group now that will be once a week and go until she starts Kindergarten in August. I can't believe she is starting school so soon!!! She is such a great big sister to her brothers (most of the time). She loves to color and her writing has improved tons. She asks me how to spell things all the time. She has a notebook that she writes in all the time and mostly its just random letters. I love that she enjoys it. She is doing well in church but is extremely shy still and doesn't deal well with change. If her normal teacher isn't there she doesn't like going to class. She also won't go to class until her teacher is there. Then she usually spends primary on her teachers lap lol. I'm glad she has such a great and understanding teacher. McKaila is still tall and thin. She is in the 15% for her weight, and 75% for her height. She recently saw a nutritionist and they gave me some ideas to boost McKaila's calorie intake. McKaila has decided to grow her hair out like "Tangled". So far it is working. She doesn't fight me as much to brush her hair :)



Kameron turned 4 in March. He has had a rough go about with things the last year. He has had stitches in his forehead, his chin had to be glued back together in the ER, and he has had staples in his head. That all happened within a few months of each other. Kameron also has had a bunch of problems with his bowels. He had chronic retentive constipation with megacolon. You probably don't want to hear about it so I won't go into detail. This has just been a major problem the last year so I am blogging about it for my own purposes. He had to be on miralax every night and ex-lax chocolates every night until his colon shrunk back down and he could gain control. Because of these problems, Kameron wasn't really potty trained because he couldn't control his bowels, he would have a ton of accidents in his underwear and that just wasn't happening. I am happy to say Kameron has made such tremendous progress that he is now off the ex-lax chocolates. He has been on them everynight for the past 3 months. Now he is only on the miralax and will continue to be for quite a while according to his GI doctor. Kameron is now potty trained. I am saying that because he is always in underwear (except for bedtime) and if he starts to go potty in his undies he quickly runs to the bathroom. He is doing so well and has come so far. He is loving Sunbeams in church and has awesome teachers. Kameron is physically tough but his emotions are all over the place. He cries so easily. He is also become a big bully to Jayden so I'm trying to get that stopped. Kameron is such a spaz. He has got to be one of the funniest little boys I know. He is hilarious!!! He can always make me smile when I'm having a rough day. He is definetly a momma's boy.



Last but not least is Jayden. He is 2 and it definetly shows lol. He has gotten into the terrible twos. He throws tantrums when he doesn't like how something turned out and when he doesn't get his way. He is also a big momma's boy but when David was here last week, Jayden was def. a daddy's boy. Jayden still is hard to understand when he speaks but he has improved a ton. He had speech therapy for a few months and then he graduated. I wasn't sure he was ready to graduate yet but his therapist said he made the goals we had set. He indeed met them, but I believe he needed more. Don't get me wrong though, he has improved a ton! Even McKaila said today "Jayden is talking more mom. He is doing really well." He is still in feeding therapy and hasn't made any improvements really. He has sensory issues like his sister but McKaila understood she needed to try new foods and that there are different textures to different foods but that it was ok. Jayden doesn't understand at all. Meal times are horrible for him. Breakfast is his best meal. He will eat and eat for breakfast but lunch and dinner are full of tears and screaming. It can be a major headache but we are slowly learning to deal with it. Jayden sleeps in a big boy bed. The boys have bunk beds and it has worked wonderfully. No one has gotten hurt and they don't fight about who sleeps on which bed, although Jayden would not be allowed on the top lol. My little Jayden has continued to have his bouts of bad health with his lungs. He is still coughing and has been for 2 1/2 weeks now. In fact, last Sunday he was coughing so hard he was throwing up. Took him into primary health and it was basically lung spasms. He also had strep throat before that and he had pnemonia a few months ago. My poor baby :(  Jayden still takes naps most days and when he wakes up in the morning he is the sweetest boy. Always runs in my room with the happiest "mommie!!!!" It melts my heart. Oh and whenever he smiles, he always squints his eyes :)
 

Hopefully now since I have written my first blog since not blogging for so long I will be back in the game. I'll try and post some pictures of our trip to the zoo with David next time. For now, I've gotta get a very tired awnry little girl to bed.


No comments: