Wednesday, December 30, 2009

RSV again

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. Things have been pretty crazy around here. My parents are in town visiting. Both my mom and dad were able to come out this time. We are having a blast.

Jayden has RSV again. He has been sick for a few days and got pretty bad the day my parents flew in. I decided to try to wait it out. I tried taking him to the urgent care but they were closed so we just went home. Just a little bit longer I decided he was sick enough for the ER. He had 3 days of fevers and 4 days of a yucky cough. They did the RSV swap and once again it came back positive. The battery of tests started again. They drew blood and ran some tests, chest x-rays, sterile urine culture (which involves a catheter), IV, and vitals. Poor little Jayden.  The ER doctor was an idiot to say the least. He charted that Jayden has bronchioctasis which is a lung disease and most commonly in adults. He also kept calling Jayden a she even though I corrected him multiple times. Even in his chart he wrote she this and that. His chart did say he was a male though. The doctor also said Jayden's ears were perfectly clear and made it sound like I was overreacting. When I told him he had RSV this time last year he said if I wanted him to he would do the RSV swab. Then there was something in the chest x-ray but they didn't know what it was so he gave us an antibiotic. We were allowed to go home as long as we saw the pediatrician the next morning. When we saw our pediatrician he was ticked off at the ER doctor. He said Jayden does not have a lung disease. He has bronchiolitis as well as RSV. Also Jayden has a double ear infection. Hmmm. Interesting because the doc. at the ER said he was fine. Both the pediatrician and I were very upset with the ER. The ped. told me that's why you never go to the ER although he knew I needed to. So Jayden is on his nebulizer, an antibiotic, benadryl, tylenol and a steroid. Poor baby. He looks miserable.

This blog has changed the way pictures are uploaded and I am not too fond of it. I will try and figure it out soon. Thanks

No comments: