Thursday, October 16, 2008

Jayden update

I went to the doctor today for an ultrasound to check on my placenta. It was low lying at my 20 week appointment so they were checking today to see if it has moved farther away from the cervix so I can avoid a c-section. I will get the measurements of that at my next doctors appointment on the 30th of October. The reason it'll take so long is my OB wasn't the one that did the ultrasound. My OB office only has a tech to do ultrasounds on Monday and Tuesdays and can't take any appointments later than 2. That really isn't an option for me because of Davids work and he has a long commute. They really wanted to check the placenta so they sent me to an x-ray lab because they could accommodate my schedule. The x-ray tech has to have the radiologist look over the measurements she took to make sure he agrees and then they send it to my doctor. I was really hoping to find out today about the placenta and how big he is right now.
The x-ray tech was so awesome. She showed me lots of things on my little boy. She did 3D/4D pictures as well. At the end she apologized for getting so carried away in the 3D. I didn't complain :) From the looks of the ultrasound, Jayden has some chubby cheeks like Kameron did. He has the Kirkendall forehead for sure. The x-ray tech said she even saw hair. She showed me what it looks like and then showed me the back of his head (where they tend to have more hair). She laughed because it is pretty long. She says I can't guarantee how thick or thin it is but this boy has hair. I am 31 weeks 3 days and he is measuring about 33 weeks 1 day or so. Everything looked good on my little boy. Seeing his face in 3D really makes me anxious for him to be here. I already want to squeeze his chubby cheeks. He still isn't head down. He is being stubborn for sure. The radiologist said he couldn't make up his mind which way he wanted to lay. He kept flipping around during he ultrasound. He also couldn't keep his hand out of his face. It was hard to get good 3D pictures because his hand was up there and moving around. Hopefully he will decide to cause me less stress and he'll be head down soon. I really don't want a c-section. I'll update when I know his measurements. 

No comments: